Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New @ Cherry's

New kimonos have arrived.
These are more in addition to other tomesode and irotomesode kimonos I have made previously. Tomesode kimonos are traditionally worn to formal events by married women but recently, modern times, have been worn by non-married women to formal events as well. Irotomesode kimonos have traditionally been worn by married and non-married women to formal or casual occasions.
I spent a lot of time on the detail of the skirts and obis of these kimonos. Each kimono comes with a prim collar for a more "real" look, an obi (sash/belt worn around waist), oops pants and optional flexi sleeves with lining.
I am in the works of making a line of men's detailed kimonos. Keep an eye on my blog for pictures. :)
I also want to mention that Lux Yao, designer of [Amaretto], and I plan to do a fashion show, East meets West, on the 16th of June 2007. Also look to my blog for updates on the show. Skins for the models will be provided by Tete a Pied and both Lux's and my shapes will be worn by the models as well. DJ Nexeus will be providing ample music and voice chat commentary. Gift bags will be handed out with free items from both Lux and I! We're very excited about this show and a lot of planning is going into it! :))



No comments: